Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy Birhtday Olivia!!!

On Monday January 7, 2008 at 10:30 am, we went to Dr. Krisch to go over the blood and urine test. I had lost 3 pounds since I went on bed rest, weighing in at 164. My blood pressure was still high and there was so much protein in my urine that they were worried. They checked my cervix and I was still not dilated and I also had a step B test. My blood pressure went down a little after lying on my side for awhile so they let me go home to continue my bed rest. Later that day @ 1:30 we had an appointment with Dr. Barsoom for an ultra sound to check on the baby. Since she had little fluid around her, the cord was wrapped around her neck and the placenta had little blood flow to it, they decided that she was better off outside the womb. So we were rushed over to labor and delivery for a c section. Dr. Krisch delivered her at 3:48pm. Olivia was so tiny, only 3 pounds and 9 ounces. She cried as so as she came out. Everyone was so amazed at how much hair she had and how long she was, 17 and ½ inches.



It only took 12 days for Olivia to break the 4 pound mark and to hold her body temperature, so that she could come home. Olivia left her NICU home on January 19, 2008. We were so excited to take her home, especially since they had estimated that her stay in the NICU would be around 6 weeks. This just proves how strong willed Olivia is.



Today on Olivia's first birthday she weighs almost 17 pounds and is over 27 inches tall. She is crawling all over the place and is close to walking by herself. Olivia loves to dance and give kisses, especially to her mommy and her little friend Parker. We are so excited to spend this special day with Olivia. Happy Birthday Olivia!!! We are so proud of her and love her so much. We can't wait to see her continue to learn and grow. We love you Olivia!!!

8 comments:

Shari Edwards said...

Olivia is so darling! I just looked at the Halloween pictures. She is adoreable. I cannot wait to see her!

Bobi Jensen said...

Happy Birthday Olivia! She is such a sweet girl!

Oliver & Natalie said...

That's so fun! I can't believe it has already been a year. It seems like just yesterday that you guys had her! :) She is so cute!

the heiner family said...

Happy Birthday Baby O! We are your biggest fans(although I am sure we have a lot of competition!)! You are in our "top five" of cutest one year olds ever!

Mariley Johnson said...

Happy Birthday Olivia!

Natalie said...

I can't believe i haven't even gotten to play with her! She is beautiful and quite a little miracle. Happy Birthday Olivia!

Durham Family said...

Happy Birthday Olivia! You are such a cute girl.

Paola said...

HEY! I love how you recap the birth of your baby! I'm going to have to do that too for Mateus to have a nice keepsake in writing. So you guys seem like you're doing great! Things have been CRAZY! We're supposed to be in TX right now but problems problems! It was great catching up and happy b-day O!
:)